Monday, December 17, 2012

Oprah asks Life's Big Questions










Christmas is just a few days away.  Can you feel the excitement and awe in the wonder and beauty of the approaching celebration.   In an electronic world that moves quicker than we can think I believe it is worth your consideration to take some time out for you and just breathe. Five minutes out of your day gives you the personal gift of your own breathing. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. It is just that easy and just that simple. Find a place to sit and focus on your breath. The results can be very calming to your day.  




Oprah Winfrey's Super Soul Celebration of life episode  delivered just that opportunity  with 42:02  minutes to contemplate and breathe in life's big questions. I thought it was so brave. I thought it took courage to ask and I genuinely believe that her motivation was Love based. 


Oprah asks the leading spiritual thinkers of our time Life's Big Questions.
They all answered with their own truth and in their own way. 



The first question that Oprah asks her guests in this episode is this:

What is YOUR Definition of God?



Here are their answers:

~ Wayne Dyer: "God is the highest place within each and every one of us.  It is
    our divine self."

~Michael Singer: "The source of you."

~Debbie Ford:  "To know that I am one with a energy a force greater than myself."

~Devon Franklin:  "The Alpha and the Omega. A friend and confident. He is my 
  buddy. He is a lover of my soul."

~Marianne Williamson:  "A all encompassing love that is the source of all. The 
  reality of all, and the being through which I am."

~Llewellyn Vaughn-Lee:  "He is my beloved.  My most intimate beloved. My friend
  the one I look to in everything. I would not try to define him because only God 
  knows God."

~Eckhart Tolle:  "God is beyond all the forms of life but also dwells in every form
  of  life as their essence.  God is both beyond and within."  

~Gabrielle Bernstein:  "The ever presence essence of love."

~Mastin Kipp:  "God is love."

~Marie Forleo:  "Everything in the creative force"

~Caroline Myss:  "God is law. God to me is mystical law. The order of things.  The  
  negotiating principles with mystical laws is prayer - that is what make them 
  intimate.  A miracle is when God bends these laws for you."

~Iyanla Vanzant:  "All that is.  Everything, everything. Breath. Life.  It's everything.
  God is everything.

~Deepak Chopra: "God is the evolutionary impulse of the universe.  God is infinite  
  creativity.  God is infinite love, infinite compassion, infinite caring."



Here were some of the other questions Oprah posed:

* What is the difference between spirituality and religion?

* What is the soul?

* What role does prayer mean to you?




WATCH THE FULL EPISODE ~CLICK HERE~OPRAH WINFREY




What I  took away from these questions was that each of these seekers had found their own way.  All so different and yet the constant thread of Love weaving through and connecting their responses.  We all have to find our own way..




I liked Iyanla Vanzants prayer to God that she shared.  It goes like this...

Help.
Help me now.
Thank-You.






Oprah commented on Marianne Williamson prayer from her book, Illuminata.


MORNING PRAYER

Dear God,
I give this day to You.
May my mind stay centered on the things of spirit.
May I not be tempted to stray from love.
As I begin this day, I open to receive You.
Please enter where You already abide.
May my mind and heart be pure and true,
and may I not deviate from the things of 
goodness.
May I see the love and innocence in all
mankind, behind the masks we all wear and
the illusions of this worldly plane.
I surrender to You my doings this day.
I ask only that they serve You and the healing of
the world.
May I bring Your love and goodness with me, to 
give unto others wherever I go.
Make me the person You would have me be.
Direct my footsteps, and show me what You 
would have me do.
Make the world a safer, more beautiful place.
Bless all your creatures.
Heal us all, and use me, dear Lord, that I might
know the joy of being used by You.
Amen.






Jean Houston when asked "What the world needs?"  answered with this thought.
"The world needs the sense that we are all in it together."


All in it together...







I share this video by Jeff Sullivan it is  quietly beautiful... 









Pastor Joel Osteen's Full Sermon:

"The Power of "I AM"










Have a beautiful day,



Photo: PKM



joy,


Rena

www.talktotheturtle.com





  





   
  


No comments:

Post a Comment