Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Law of Attraction and Inspirational Charms


Coincidence is a funny thing isn't it? I was going to write/share a decorating article with a Feng Shui twist and here I am with this bright pink covered book 'Mental Poisons and their Antidotes,' that just jumped the queue in the scheduling process in my mind. This all started earlier today when I was reading the plethora of positive thinking I saw on the website worldwidegoodnews.
It got my attention because I could see the value being mirrored back to me of positive focus products and how significant inspirational charms can be working with The Law of Attraction.

I was thinking about 'whatever' slightly daydreaming, drinking my coffee, a little irritated by the nagging feeling "must write decorating post", when I pulled out this pink book that was slightly sticking out from the bookshelf. I realize I have mentioned pink twice, but only because it's well, what I would call a patone chroma harsh magenta pink and very distracting.

I opened the jacket cover and read the inscription: June 1985: Dear Rena, Just a "little food for Thought". I think you will enjoy reading this book. Love Barbara. I originally found this book two years ago while sorting out my bookcase and perused it then for the first time, I believe.


That year in particular, 1985, was a tough time as I had to fold my Design Studio that I had worked so hard at, sell the sewing machines, and lay off three employees,all in the midst of a hard recession. Barbara is "family" thru marriage and has known my parents I guess forever and her children are my cousins. The only other thing that sticks out in my mind about that year is my Dad saying "they cant take your talent away".....


I opened the book at the first page that it flopped to and this is what I read by Dr. Joseph Murphy, D.D., D.R.S., Ph.D, LLD. : "It is very important to give the proper instruction to the subconscious. For example, if a man dwells on obstacles, delays, difficulties, and obstructions to his program, the subconscious will take that as his request and proceed to bring difficulties and disappointments into his experience; hence, feed the subconscious with premises which are true." He continues with: " What kind of inner talking goes on in you all the time which is not being expressed audibly? It is your inner talking that the subconscious listens to and obeys". "Your subconscious records your silent thought and feeling, and it is a very faithful recording machine. It records everything and plays the record back to you in the form of experiences, conditions, and events".

Closed the book, thought for a beat, and then thinking while typing into google - Who is Dr. Joseph Murphy? This is what I read upon finding his website. Dr. Joseph Murphy: 1898-1982. The founder of the church of Divine Science produced books, tapes, on spiritual matters, the historical values of life, the art of wholesome living, and the teachings of great philosophers. He has been acclaimed as a major figure in the human potential movement, the spiritual heir to writers like Napoleon Hill, Dale Carnegie, and Norman Vincent Peale and a precursor and inspirer of contemporary motivational writers and speakers such as Tony Robbins, Louise Hay, and Rhonda Byrne author of "The Secret".
I got a perfect picture of how a reassuring inspirational charm could be a compliment to positive thinking and the subconscious mind.

Next, I clicked on Napoleon Hill link and this is what came up: Napoleon Hill 1883-1970. An
American author who was one of the earliest producers of the modern genre of personal-success literature. His most famous work, "Think and Grow Rich, is one of the best-selling books of all time. He became the advisor to President Franklin D. Roosevelt from 1933-1936. "What the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve" is one of Hill's hallmark expressions. He presented the idea of a "Definite Major Purpose" as a challenge to his readers in order to make them ask themselves, "In what do I truly believe? According to Hill, 98% of people had few or no firm beliefs, and this alone put true success firmly out of their reach".

I was blown away by the fact that positive thinking is not a new idea that came along with the computer and Google. These two Men were born in the late 1800s are actually the bricklayers of our modern day motivational thinking movement. The original "Johnny Appleseeds", you might say, and I offer that with my highest respect to their mind & spirit.
I can understand why the roots of Law of Attraction are so widely well received and how inspirational charms can be a useful tool. Ah, Wholesome Lifestyle, Feng Shui home sanctuary, positive thinking, big smile......


original painting: 'Breath' by Bill Sweney
Ennis, Montana artist contact at karenkreek.com

Joy,

Rena
www.talktotheturtle.com



No comments:

Post a Comment