Saturday, January 24, 2015

What happened in that year of silence?








January 2014 started out pretty much the same as any other year. Other than the overwhelming feeling of how I was going to have to move out of my apartment. My faithful sanctuary aka my home was being renovated.  However as the days  crept along through the month I had all these feelings of inner fog that would not go away. I made the decision to move into a motel as a interim solution. 


I did ponder the idea of writing about de-cluttering and organizational tips for moving. To create excitement about the  event of moving and staying happy within through the process - a cathartic experience to share maybe? 

Take for instance the book Eat-Pray-Love, as an example of turning a life experience into a extraordinary writing feat.  I have also been inspired by the writings of other gifted authors. Writers who can make taking their kid to the grocery store or feeding their dog equivalent to 'The Grapes of Wrath' or 'Moby Dick'.   

Then I  fell into a well of not going forward and not going backward.. 

After I moved into the motel I played with the idea to write about the greatness of it all - this life of mine. On a couple of occasions I even thought about sharing the dive into my emotions of gratitude.

Mostly though living in that motel room for four months listening to my Oprah/Chopra meditation tape every morning and breathing - it just seemed to be ultimately too personal. 

In short I really didn't want to write about my private life. That was the revelation for myself,  to know how I want to be connected to my writing. My blog is not a daily journal. 

I thought it was actually a good idea to stay at the motel as a temporary situation.   Of course it was only supposed to be six weeks...  To be  totally honest I did get tired of the Chinese food that I ordered in from up the street.

It was mainly other peoples reactions that got to me the most.  

"Your living in a motel?" How can you handle that? "Oh, sorry to hear that - your staying where?"  Those  were the most common remarks. It's an interesting study when you move out of your upscale neighbourhood...to a transient motel on the freeway.  Did I mention it was only supposed to be six weeks...

Did I mention I was aware that I was not writing....and I missed it. 

I could of started writing again in the summer of June 2014. I did go to a workshop session with the Blogcademy. That was pretty wonderful. It made me realize that I was kind of doing a few things correct just by winging it, in the world of blogging. Of course learning about making a income stream from blogging was really interesting. I walked away with some thoughts on my blog. Maybe I will try some new approaches in 2015. Going with the flow here. 

I did not feel that lost about not posting on my  blog until one day I read an article. It was about how if you can make a difference in only one person's day, by putting something out there positive-do it.  One person is a big deal.  

Ever since I read that article I knew it was only time before I plugged back in.


Diana Nyad talks about swimming forward into your future. I Like this.





What is your goal for 2015? What music do you hear that keeps you moving forward?  I'm hearing Neil. 




Have a beautiful day,


Remember to breathe.


Joy,


Rena









No comments:

Post a Comment